Wednesday, 16 August 2017

*IMPORTANT* Flight delay

Please see below from Mrs Twinam. 
Dear parents and friends, just to keep you updated, our flight has been cancelled and we are currently camped in the departure hall of Blantyre airport. Everyone in good spirits and making friends, we have been advised we are flying tonight at some point (no details as yet). Will miss our connection in J.berg. As we have more information we will pass it on. 
Speak soon 
Mrs Twinam & Mr Ellis

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know. Will check for your updates. Hope things get sorted and you are on your way soon. Looking forward to seeing you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update - will keep checking on your progress. See you soon Bex- love mum, dad, Saz and Jack...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the flight has taken off now. There is a second flight half an hour after the one booked, but otherwise not till tomorrow evening same timings. Let's see.
    Love from the T Wells Flight Deck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger that.. Johannes family

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we know what time they eventually took off? 2 hr 15 mins journey .... Looks tight for even the later flight? Fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  7. On line says delay was 5 hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From SA website:
    Actual: 16/08/2017 17:55:00
    Estimated: 16/08/2017 20:13:00

    Bit tight, as you say, unless the other one is also delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not often you hope a flight is delayed ... That and some speedy running or it's a long time at J.berg airport for them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for updates.. fingers crossed for next flights home.. Anu's mum & dad

    ReplyDelete
  12. wont be easy getting 18 seats on the same flight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there any update to this? I know everyone probably had plans, but just for consideration, we are flying out on holiday as a family very early on Friday morning, so if there is any requirement to split the group between 2 flights please could Daisy be considered for the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna has a flight booked tomorrow (Thu) afternoon for Italy....😂😂 I consider that option as virtually mission impossible now.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi everyone ••IMPORTANT INFO••
    Just heard THEY MADE THE FLIGHT!!!!
    So all good, they'll be back tomorrow and... mission impossible achieved: looks like Anna will make the flight to Italy after all!!! GREAT NEWS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic news. So happy!

    ReplyDelete